It's All in the Family
The Center for Family History and Genealogy is a community of family history scholars–faculty, students, and volunteers–working and learning together to fulfill our mission, which is to:
- ENHANCE STUDENT LEARNING: Provide extraordinary educational experiences for students committed to learning the science and methods of family history research.
- SIMPLIFY METHODS: Create simplified, innovative tools and methods to engage researchers and expand the horizons of family history research.
- CONDUCT TOP-TIER RESEARCH: Significantly impact scholarship worldwide to discover new knowledge and stimulate creative collaboration in academic research.
To accomplish this mission we:
- Offer family history training for students on the BYU Provo Campus, at the BYU Salt Lake Center, and through correspondence courses and other distant learning.
- Sponsor projects designed to provide information and/or training aides to the family history and academic community, including the Immigrant Ancestors Project, Nauvoo Community Project, Merrell English Marriage Index, Script Tutorials, and more.
- Participate in and sponsor genealogical training conferences and workshops.
- Sponsor and supervise student interns throughout the world in places such as London, Madrid, Bern, Boston, Washington, New York and Mexico City, and provide them with funding assistance.
To learn more visit their site or donate to support the Center using the button below.Donate Online